This chipper shredder comes with a powerful 445cc engine with a 120V Electric Start. It features a 2-way feed including a discharge chute. This innovative chipper is designed with an adjustable deflector. The deflect provides multiple angles that can discharge directly into a container or garbage can or a standard outdoor trash can so there is no need for bagging. Self feeds and chips up to 5.25 in. dia. branches, turning yard waste into useful 1/4 in. mulch. Transforms 12 bags of yard waste into 1 bag of chips. Ideal for small weekend jobs and yard clean up. Highly portable and maneuverable.
- Can handle branches up to 5.25 in. x 3.75 in.
- 12:1 compact ratio for most yard and garden debris
- Only commercial quality gas chipper that features a 120-Volt electric start where you can simply plug into an outlet to instantly get started oppose to having a recoil- also no need for batteries
- Top funnel is sloped at the entry for safety and prevent overloading chipper causing damages
- 3 way discharge: ability to broadcast chips or place in a garbage can
- 2 hardened steel cutting blades and 6 hammers
- Self-feed capability for large branches
- Automatic low oil level engine shutdown
- Minimal assembly
- NOT CARB COMPLIANT - Not For Sale In California
|Tire Size (in.)||12in|
|Displacement (cc)||445 cc|
|Low oil shutdown||yes|
|Material Type||Solid Heavy Gauge Steel/plastic|
|Walk or Pull||Walk|
|Bagger Volume (bushels)||12:1|
|Max. Cutting Thickness Diameter (in.)||5.25" x 3.75"|
|Accessories Included (Yes/No)||Yes|
|Product Weight (lbs)||190 lbs.|
|Bag Capacity (In Bushels)||N/A|
|Base Warranty||1 year limited|
|Engine Warranty||12 Months Limited|
|Other Components Warranty||12 Months Limited|
|Chipper Capacity (in)||5.25 in.|
|Color / Finish||Grey / Orange|
|40ft High-Cube Container quantity||136|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Engine Displacement (cc)||445 cc|
|Engine Horsepower (hp)||18|
|Engine Torque (ft-lbs)|
|Engine Type (number of valves)||OHV|
|Feed Capacity||5.25 in.|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (gal)||1.27 gal (1.7)|
|Instructions / Assembly Required||Yes|
|Low Oil Shut Down||Yes|
|Master Pack QTY||1|
|Maximum RPM (No Load)||3600|
|Number of blades||2|
|Number of hammers||6|
|Package Contents||Hardware bag|
|Parts List Available||Yes|
|Recommended Oil||10W-30 oil (5W-30 is recommended for cold weather climate)|
|Recommended Safety Equipment||Hearing protection, Gloves, Goggles (eye protection)|
|Shredded Screen Material||1/4/ in.|
|Start Type||120V Electric Start / Recoil|
|State/Regional Restrictions||Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, Virgin Islands|
|Translucent Fuel Tank||No|
43 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is a beast. It chews up pretty big stuff to a nice size. As others have mentioned, the muffler is right next to the chute, so a plastic can is not a great idea. I actually took hardware cloth and made a circle with it to catch the chips. It works pretty well. It is really too powerful for a solid can as it will blow it away.
I have gotten a couple of twisted branches stuck, so it isn't foolproof.
The description (which hopefully has changed) said it came with a tow bar. It doesn't. That is really why I can't give it 5 stars. The machine itself is great I just really wanted a tow bar to pull it with my lawn tractor. I will have to fabricate one.
It also said a slightly larger size on the description than it will take. If you look at the picture close up you can see the actual. Not a fan of false advertising.
Easy setup and operation. Uses minimal space in storage highly recommend
Excellent but not worth retail: extremely slow, tiring work. Consumes lots of gas. Electric start isn't necessary until won't start any way. Handles big red oak no problem. Easy to move. Not like our Troy bolt that ate its flails daily.
More than enough power, making it quick and easy to use.
There are many things about this shredder that I love. It will eat a wood pole that is an honest 3.5" in diameter ...and leave you amazed. The motor and chipper is nothing short of amazing - give this designer a raise. How it shreds leaves is equally great. I'm 60 and can just barely pull start it, but hit the electric start button and it fires right up.
There are a few negatives -
1) the feed shoot is only 3.5" in diameter, so nothing larger will fit ....and because it is a long feed tube, the branch better be straight. The long shoot can result in items getting stuck, which is a real pain. Bush Master sliced the entrance and exit of the feed tube so it looks like it is 3.75 x 5.25, but that doesn't increase the inside diameter! If you want to redesign the feed shoot, it could feed larger items. 3.5 " diameter is fine for me, so I just shortened the length on my feed tube, but a redesign should be done by Bush Master.
2) It is heavy but moving it by hand in the garage or on pavement is easy, ...but it takes some umph on grass, and especially on inclines or for any distance. Bushmaster needs to have their design engineers walk the parameter of my property, then come back to the office to rethink their "no tow hitch" design. I have 10 acres, so I made my own tow hitch.
3) The spring on the feed shoot is way too strong. It makes feeding leaves more of a chore than it needs to be. The plastic leaf feed shoot arrives as 2 warped plastic items that need to be fit together, which makes it hard to assemble.
4) The discharge chute is directly above the engine exhaust. This designer needs a different profession. It will melt a plastic garbage can, and if you use a metal can ...it will get very hot. Don't put a plastic bag inside your metal can ..it will still melt the bag. I normally just aim the chips into a wooded area and skip the bagging and transporting of the chips.
Other than those 4 items, I love this chipper. It starts easily, chips anything I throw at it, and it is compact in size ....it is a real work horse!
The second time I used the CH11 shredder one of the hammer flails came loose, due to a missing retainer pin, and damaged the stationary blades. I contacted the manufacturer and received a complete set of hammers and blades under warranty. Afterward it ran fine, and did a good job on leaves and wood.
Took longer than advertised to assembly due to interference fit of chipper chute not allowing bolts to align. Pull start didn’t work but unit fired rights up with electric start. Works great on dried branches as it self fed, but fresh cut pine & fir had to be pushed through. HUGE bugs alive in box!
Awesome Wood-Chipper! Chews through everything without any problems. It's a heavy machine though, so getting it on/off the truck is a bit of a challenge when family asks for help with their yards, but the weight stabilizes it while it is running. If you are just rolling it across firm ground, it is well balanced to make that easy. The electric Start is great for the first start when cold because the compression ratio of the engine makes for a tough pull by hand. Once warmed up though, if you are too far away to use the electric start, it always starts on the first pull. This will make short work of the Spring cleanup each year!
Great machine! Makes quick work of tree limbs and brush. Definitely recommend the electric starter. 5/5 stars
Ez to use starts easily. Powerful
I have been using it to grind up the leaves and small branches of small unwanted trees in my yard. Be aware that this is a chipper designed more for the homeowner and not really for production use. The feed chute limits what can be fed. Bushy branches are hard to feed into the hopper.
Excellent machine, very strong.