Featuring a powerful 445cc engine with a Recoil Start, the Brush Master boasts a 2-way feed, including a discharge chute. Designed with an adjustable deflector that provides multiple angles, this chipper shredder discharges directly into a container or garbage can to reduce the need for bagging. Its self-feeding design chips up to 5.25 in. dia branches, turning yard waste into useful 1/4 in. mulch. Ideal for small weekend jobs and yard clean up, this machine is highly portable for easy maneuverability.
- Aeroform technology
- Molded polyurethane over neoprene
- Adjustable gusset
- 3-way discharge: ability to broadcast chips or place in a garbage can
- Two hardened steel cutting blades and six hammers
- Self-feed capability for large branches
- Automatic low= oil level engine shutdown
- Minimal assembly
- Not CARB compliant - Not For sale in California
|Tire Size (in.)||12in|
|Displacement (cc)||445 cc|
|Low oil shutdown||50 STATES|
|Material Type||Solid Heavy Gauge Steel/plastic|
|Walk or Pull||Walk|
|Bagger Volume (bushels)||12:1|
|Max. Cutting Thickness Diameter (in.)||5.25 in. x 3.75"|
|Accessories Included (Yes/No)||Yes|
|Product Weight (lbs)||180 lbs.|
|Bag Capacity (In Bushels)||N/A|
|Base Warranty||1 year limited|
|Engine Warranty||12 Months Limited|
|Other Components Warranty||12 Months Limited|
|Chipper Capacity (in)||5.25 in.|
|Color / Finish||Grey / Orange|
|40ft High-Cube Container quantity||140|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Engine Displacement (cc)||445 cc|
|Engine Horsepower (hp)||18|
|Engine Type (number of valves)||OHV|
|Feed Capacity||5.25 in.|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (gal)||1.27 gal (1.7)|
|Instructions / Assembly Required||Yes|
|Low Oil Shut Down||Yes|
|Master Pack QTY||1|
|Maximum RPM (No Load)||3600|
|Number of blades||2|
|Number of hammers||6|
|Package Contents||Hardware bag|
|Parts List Available||Yes|
|Recommended Oil||10W-30 oil (5W-30 is recommended for cold weather climate)|
|Recommended Safety Equipment||Hearing protection, Gloves, Goggles (eye protection)|
|Shredded Screen Material||1/4/ in.|
|State/Regional Restrictions||California, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, Virgin Islands|
|Translucent Fuel Tank||No|
25 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Chips branches very fast. Easy to start and easy to move.Advertised that it chips up to 5 inch branches but it buggs down around 3Only leaves can be put in top hopper, I was hoping I could feed in the small branches there
I haven't had a chance to really put it to work yet. However, I ran some brush (including vines and bamboo) through it and it chipped it up without any trouble.
Rating provided by a verified purchaser
Works great. Its a hard pull to start but it really starts pretty easy even though you may not pull as fast as you would a lawnmower.. If the branches have side branches that are at a 90 degree angle, they will not go through the opening and will need trimmed. If you can bend them to meet the main stem, they may pass.
Rating provided by a verified purchaser
Overall I'm happy with the machine. I am, as an engineer with mechanical background, however, thinking about redesigning the way the output chute is mounted. It should be easily removable to clear it from debris clogging it, such as skinny twigs and/or long pine needles. To remove the chute the leaf feeder must first be removed or at least partially unscrewed and bent out of the way, since it obstructs one of the mounting screws for the chute. Once the chute is cleared it seems impossible to insert one of the other mounting screws due to the heat of the engine and the minimal clearance allowed. For now I left that one out. I am thinking of coming up with some kind of quick release latch.
This machine is a beast! If it fits in the chute it gets chipped no matter how long it is.
I've put about 40 solid hours of back-breaking woodchiping into it so far and I'm generally pretty happy with it (It's exhausting to ram 3ft wide branches into a 3" chute - I lost 10 lbs getting rid of 10 years of branch accumulation).
Assembly took 45 minutes. It would have been less if the designers didn't assume that the plastic parts would be manufactured perfectly. It was tough getting that hard plastic to bend into the right places so that the bolts would fit in.
It's a tough little chipper and has no issues chipping any branches that can fit into the branch chute. My issues were,
1) as another reviewer wrote, the chute is rather long, so long thick bent branches need to be but into straight pieces before it can go in.
2) The footing bars are on the wrong side of the wheels! This makes rolling the chipping really hard, because the metal feet keep digging into the ground, especially over rough wooded areas. I had to remove the metal legs into to move the chipper around our sloped wooded yard area. Hard to explain and visualize, but one you try to roll this thing you will see what I mean.
3) The leaves chute doesn't work (for me at least). I tried putting small branches in there, but they kept getting caught on the side going in, so I just wound up using the branch chute for the twigs, which was a lot more work than it should have been.
4) I left it leaned it over for a day (because I had to remove the legs to roll it, and didn't have time to replace the legs right away), and now it won't start. I saw oil on the floor, from having it leaned over at a 30% angle, so I'm thinking that some oil might have gotten into the carberator or something like that, but now I have to figure out how to get it started again. This one is kinda my fault, but still not happy that I had to remove the legs or that having it leaned over would cause an issue.
Overall I am really happy with this. It is solidly built.
Would rather have had one with electric start but was unavailable.
This wood chipper is the perfect solution for cleaning up my yard and wooded lot. It's powerful, and not
very difficult to move around, thanks to the large wheels. Electric [Battery] start would be convenient, but so far, it starts on the first pull of the rope. Very Happy with this machine.
This unit exceeded my expectations
Works exactly as advertised. Chewed big piles of branches up to 3.5” diameter. Motor is strong, doesn’t bog down. First pull starts. (If you are not strong, buy the version w electric start.) Leaf mulcher side does NOT like sticks, per instructions. I wish it had a tow bar for my lawn tractor.